Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sculoa Bus

Walking along the muddy road on the way to the neighboring dairy farm, I spotted two children on their way home from school. Like me, they were bundled against the cold and like me were sporting backpacks. The bambinos scattered away and I was left bemused that this tiny and remote village of Roncole would support a school system. Till now I had only seen dogs and farm keepers along the street.

I continued on my journey to load my own backpack with the three appointed bottles of milk when around the snow embankment speeds a vehicle. There is a large black inscription “Scuola Bus” on the front of the pristine white van and underneath shines the internationally known symbol of excellence: Mercedes!
Damn the Italians do it right.

1 comment:

  1. I saw these when I was in Italy last week, too! I love your blog posts. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete