Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Taking Inventory




Back in BC days (Before Crutches), Maria and I were asked to take inventory at the offsite greenhouses of various nursery related items necessary for a fruitful season of produce. While counting hundreds seedling pallets and fertilizer bags, I thought how wise it would be to perform such an inventory on life related items necessary for a fruitful existence of being. I never got off my behind to give my lofty idea the requisite time.

Now in AD days (After the Ding), I’m predominately sitting on my behind; auspiciously, I don’t need to get up and find I have an abundance of time to give the lofty idea. The list created is as follows:


• Time and energy spent with family and friends
• Time and devotion spent in spiritual pursuit
• Time and love spent alone with self
• Time and sustenance spent taking nutrition
• Time and exercise spent securing health
• Time and joy spent recreating
• Time and labor spent working, learning, growing
• Time and rest spent relaxing, recuperating

And finally,

• Time and consciousness spent taking inventory (I’d like to think I can do this in the absence of future dings)

--

I’m starting my count.

No comments:

Post a Comment