Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dear Elvis






















Elvis Dolic
Zenica
Sarajevo, Bosnia

21 January 2009

Dear Elvis,

How are you? Are you back in your home in Bosnia?

I’m Maria, and I work as a woofer in Casa Lanzarotti. Gianluca told me about your job during the civil war when he and you worked for Red Cross. You must be very courageous to be a radio dispatcher at 19 years and stay on the upper floors of the tower while everybody goes down in the basement, for when a bomb hits the building. I hope you were protected with sand bags.

Iris told me you were here for one year as a refugee. When you left in 93, I’m afraid you forgot your shoes. I found them today, while I was sweeping the tunel under the house.

Do you still want them?

Sincerely yours,

Maria

Azr. Agr. Casa Lanzarotti
Maria Grand
Roncole di Gotra 93
Albareto, PR Italia

1 comment:

  1. hey brig...what an adventure you are having...remarkable both in the experiences themselves as well as your experience of them! much love, angela

    ReplyDelete