Saturday, February 14, 2009

Expressions of Amore












Maria scooting a caterpillar onto a leaf to move it to the side of a pebbled road should the one car that passes per month endanger her little friend.

Iris coming back from town with two bags of lettuce after noticing I wasn’t taking seconds on skin sausage.

Gian-Luca drilling a hole through the foot-thick farmhouse wall so I can have internet in my room.

Leonora supplying me with the bible-size train schedule so I can get to my next WWOOF farm.

Brigit delighting in her chickens after finding a record three eggs in the morning following the Petzl accident.

A golden couple walking in unison as if their years together had made them one.

---

The snow-covered Appennino Mountains and the tiny villages speckled through-out the valley.

The sun beaming on my face after weeks of snow and rain.

A handmade wooden bench built next to a stream in the forest.

---

Sitting under an apple tree.

Looking at a star at night and knowing you see it too.

You, the readers, sharing in my stories.


Buon San Valentino!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brigit!!! I love your stories..keep it up! Sounds like you're making lots of memories...

    ReplyDelete