Thursday, February 12, 2009

On Bragging



The day after Cappuccino the calf was born, I went to Ezzio’s Dairy Farm to check up on the little one. Leonora explained that it was a big day for the family; all three generations of boys were assembled for the occasion, from the 90 year old patriarch Marco, through Ezzio and his brothers, to the young grandsons. I’m thinking new calf; they’re thinking departed pig.

“..and today we’re making Sanguinacci and Testa-In-Cassetta.” she continued.

“Ah yes, the ol’ Sanguinacci and Testa-In-Cassetta. I’m quite familiar with Blood Sausage and Head in a Box.” I boasted feeling ever so knowledgeable.

The following morning Leonora – bless her heart – made a special delivery to me and Casa Lanzarotti: sixteen blood sausages and one head-in-a box.

Guess what we had for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment