Monday, February 23, 2009

Standing In Manure


Gian-Luca has good taste; I was initially skeptical though. Sinking two feet in mud and manure, I had reservations why this would be his favorite job. Even the Sorrels were no match for the rising muck; fortunately, I was instructed to wear knee-high rain boots.


With pitchfork in hand, we heaved old moldy hay from the cow feeder and flung cow dung away from the adjoining area. Indeed it was fun.


"You know why this is the best job in the world?” Gian-Luca continues, “You get to throw away shit!"


And with that he let out a hearty laugh at his own corny joke. It’s a line I'm sure he's used countless times but still enjoys. He’s right though, it is great work.


“Gian-Luca knows his shit!” I concluded. And with that I let out a hearty laugh at my own corny joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment